Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

Rotoworld

  • BOS Relief Pitcher #50
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Red Sox selected the contract of RHP Tayron Guerrero from Triple-A Worcester.
    What a great story and moment for Guerrero. The 35-year-old has not pitched in an MLB game since 2019 as a member of the Miami Marlins. After that, he missed a season during the COVID year, played in the minors in the White Sox organization, went to Japan, got another chance in the Reds organization, went to play in Mexico, got a chance in the Angels organization, went back to Japan, and then got a minor league deal with the Red Sox this winter. In 19 2/3 innings at Triple-A this season, Guerrero has a 0.92 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, and a 22/6 K/BB ratio while touching triple digits on the radar gun.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Reds activated 3B Eugenio Suárez (oblique) from the 10-day injured list.
    Suárez missed 25 games with his injury, and with the Reds already rained out on Friday, his return to the lineup will have to wait at least one more day. Ke’Bryan Hayes was placed on the injured list with a lumbar bulging disc injury as the corresponding move. That should give Suárez an opportunity to play a bit more third base than he did earlier this season, but Sal Stewart will likely continue to see some spot starts at the hot corner as well.
    'Continue to trust' Bichette after return to form
    James Schiano unpacks Bo Bichette finally getting back to form over the last five games, explaining why both the New York Mets and fantasy managers can count on continued improvement from the seasoned veteran,
  • CIN Shortstop #44
    The Reds-Cardinals game scheduled for 6:40 pm ET on Friday has been postponed.
    Kyle Leahy and Chris Paddack were Friday’s scheduled starters. It will be made up as the first game of a split doubleheader on Saturday.
  • BOS Shortstop #10
    The Red Sox announced that Trevor Story underwent a successful sports hernia repair.
    Story was recently placed on the IL with the injury and was weighing whether to have the surgery. Tim Healey of the Boston Globe notes Story said last week that surgery would require 6-10 weeks to return. Andruw Monasterio and Isiah Kiner-Falefa have been filling in at shortstop with Story sidelined. It remains to be seen if Marcelo Mayer will shift from second base to shortstop now that it’s a confirmed multi-month absence. Manager Chad Tracy will address reporters later Friday as the Sox begin a weekend series versus the Twins.
  • PIT Right Fielder #85
    Pirates recalled OF Esmerlyn Valdez from Triple-A Indianapolis.
    The 22-year-old arrives to the majors having homered five times in his past five games. Valdez has been playing in the outfield corners this season, and Pittsburgh is expected to be without right fielder Ryan O’Hearn (quad) for multiple weeks. Billy Cook was optioned to Triple-A as a corresponding move.
  • STL Center Fielder #39
    Cardinals recalled INF/OF Bryan Torres from Triple-A Memphis.
    Torres has been playing second base and the outfield for Triple-A Memphis this season. Nathan Church was placed on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain as a corresponding move. Church had been a regular in the outfield for St. Louis, so there’s playing time available. José Fermín drew the start in left field on Thursday, a game Church missed.
  • STL Left Fielder #27
    Cardinals placed OF Nathan Church (shoulder) on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain.
    Church had started 27 consecutive games in the outfield prior to missing Thursday’s contest with the injury. The Cardinals called up 28-year-old INF/OF Bryan Torres as a corresponding move.
  • HOU Starting Pitcher #58
    Astros manager Joe Espada said that Hunter Brown (shoulder) responded well after his live batting practice and could begin a rehab assignment on Sunday with Double-A Corpus Christi.
    Brown’s last start came on March 31, so he’ll likely need several rehab outings before he’s ready to rejoin the Houston rotation. He was diagnosed with a Grade 2 shoulder strain and given a two-month timeline to return. The Astros will surely welcome back their ace once he’s ready, as they enter Friday with the worst ERA in MLB. Brian McTaggart of MLB.com notes that Josh Hader (biceps) is scheduled to pitch in Sunday’s Double-A contest as well.
  • SEA Right Fielder #9
    Mariners optioned 1B/OF Connor Joe to Triple-A Tacoma.
    Joe had been filling the weak-side platoon role Victor Robles occupied to open the year. Robles (pec) had been sidelined since early April and was activated from the IL as a corresponding move.
  • SEA Right Fielder #10
    Mariners activated OF Victor Robles (pec) from the 10-day injured list.
    Connor Joe was optioned to Triple-A Tacoma as a corresponding move. Robles has been sidelined since early April with a strained pec. He began the year in a weak-side platoon role with Luke Raley in right field. Joe had been filling that role lately, so expect Robles to slide right back into it. Seattle visits the Royals for a three-game set beginning Friday, with left-hander Noah Cameron set to toe the rubber for KC.
  • CHC Designated Hitter #25
    Moisés Ballesteros is out of the Cubs’ lineup again Friday afternoon against Spencer Arrighetti and the Astros.
    Michael Conforto will draw another start as the team’s designated hitter and bat sixth. Ballesteros had a stretch through early May where he was starting regularly against righties, often hitting second. He’s been in the lineup for just two of the past six they’ve faced, however. The decreased playing time comes as he’s hitting .034/.065/.034 over his past 31 plate appearances. Conforto, meanwhile, has posted some of the best expected stats in MLB this season.