All-Star lineups have Chris Davis, David Wright cleaning up
Here are the starting lineups and batting orders for the All-Star game:
AMERICAN LEAGUE NATIONAL LEAGUE
1. Mike Trout, LF 1. Brandon Phillips, 2B
2. Robinson Cano, 2B 2. Carlos Beltran, RF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Chris Davis, 1B 4. David Wright, 3B
5. Jose Bautista, RF 5. Carlos Gonzalez, LF
6. David Ortiz, DH 6. Yadier Molina, C
7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Troy Tulowitzki, SS
8. Joe Mauer, C 8. Michael Cuddyer, DH
9. J.J. Hardy, SS 9. Bryce Harper, CF
Fans didn’t vote for a National League designated hitter so manager Bruce Bochy chose Michael Cuddyer as the DH, which makes sense considering he’s hitting .330 with 16 homers and a .960 OPS that ranks second in the league.
It’s pretty silly to care about All-Star game batting orders, but Brandon Phillips hitting leadoff is amusing considering he has a .320 on-base percentage this year and a .321 OBP for his career. Meanwhile, Bryce Harper and his .371 on-base percentage hit ninth. Of course, All-Star starters tend to only play a few innings anyway, so ... whatever.