Pro Motocross Round 12 at Hangtown: How to watch, start times, schedule, TV info for season finale
There is still one championship to settle in the season finale as the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Series heads into Round 12 at Hangtown in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
Last week, Dylan Ferrandis clinched the title with a perfect record of overall podium finishes through 11 of 12 rounds. The only thing remaining is pride and to see if he can finally get the elusive 1-1 victory that his principal rival Ken Roczen earned twice during the season. Ferrandis has seven moto wins and finished first and second four times this year, but has yet to sweep the weekend.
Roczen still has a battle to settle as a red-hot Eli Tomac, who won the last two rounds, closed to within nine points with two motos remaining.
That battle should be intense. Hangtown was one of several races canceled last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but when it was last run in May, 2019 Roczen and Tomac split the moto wins. Roczen scored the overall victory with a 1-2 while Tomac finished second with a 4-1.
In the 250 class, it was Adam Cianciarulo that took the top spot with a 2-1 finish before graduating to 450s.
This year the battle for the 250 class comes down to Jett Lawrence and Justin Cooper. Lawrence holds a 23-point lead, but Cooper has a glimmer of hope after finishing 1-4 at Hangtown in 2019.
Here are the pertinent details for watching Round 12 of the 2021 Pro Motocross season Saturday in the Hangtown Nationals:
(All times are ET)
BROADCAST/STREAMING SCHEDULE: TV coverage of the second 250 and 450 moto from Round 12 will be shown with a one-hour delay, September 11 beginning at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN. The MAVTV Motorsports Network will have the live broadcast of the first moto for the 250 and 450 class beginning at 4 p.m. ET.
All the coverage, including exclusive qualifying, will be streamed live on Peacock Premium (the exclusive streaming coverage formerly on NBC Sports Gold’s Supercross and Pro Motocross Pass moved in 2021 to Peacock Premium, which is available for $4.99 per month).
Here’s this weekend’s Peacock Premium live schedule for Pro Motocross Round 12 at Hangtown:
-- Qualifying: 1 p.m. ET
-- Moto 1 (250/450): 4 p.m. ET
-- Moto 2 (250/450): 6 p.m. ET
Jason Weigandt will serve as the play-by-play announcer for all race telecasts. Ashley Reynard will serve as pit reporter during the 2021 season.
SEASON SO FAR: Recaps of the 2021 season:
- Dylan Ferrandis, France, Yamaha – 486
- Ken Roczen, Germany, Honda – 424
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki – 415
- Chase Sexton, La Moille, Ill., Honda – 342
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., KTM – 316
- Christian Craig, Temecula, Calif., Yamaha – 258
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM – 240
- Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., KTM – 240
- Justin Barcia, Monroe, N.Y., GasGas – 239
- Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha – 232
- Jett Lawrence, Australia, Honda – 464
- Justin Cooper, Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y., Yamaha – 441
- Hunter Lawrence, Australia, Honda – 349
- RJ Hampshire, Hudson, Fla., Husqvarna – 327
- Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha – 307
- Jo Shimoda, Japan, Kawasaki – 300
- Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki – 240
- Michael Mosiman, Sebastopol, Calif., GasGas - 229
- Max Vohland, Sacramento, Calif., KTM – 202
- Jalek Swoll, Belleview, Fla., Husqvarna - 195