Skip navigation
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up

Kyle Busch bloodied in pit road altercation with Joey Logano and crew

Kyle Busch offers his thoughts on being wrecked by Joey Logano on the last lap of the race and the pit-road altercation that ensued.

Kyle Busch triggered a fight on pit road when he walked up to Joey Logano and punched Logano after Sunday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Video from showed Busch walking down pit road to Logano’s car after the race and approaching Logano. Busch immediately swung at Logano. Logano’s crew members jumped in. A member of Busch’s crew attempted to pull Busch out before a NASCAR official did so.

Busch was upset after he spun on the last lap because of contact with Logano.

They were racing for position on the backstretch when Busch cut down on Logano to get around a slowing Brad Keselowski. As they went through Turn 3, Logano, running underneath Busch, went up the track and made contact with Busch, causing Busch to spin. Logano finished fourth; Busch 22nd.

“I was racing hard at the end,’' Logano told Fox Sports. “Kyle and I usually race well together, we usually don’t have any issues. He tried to pin me down in the corner underneath Brad. I about crashed on entry and I was trying to gather it up by the center and I was going to spin out and so I’m trying to chase it up (the track) and he was there. It was nothing intentional but obviously he thinks that. We’ll move on.’'
Asked about Busch approaching him after the race, Logano said: “I don’t run from conflict. You just talk about it, but he wasn’t in a talking mood. He was in a fighting mood, I guess. I don’t know. Typically, you can handle this stuff like men and talk about it. You don’t have to fight, but whatever.

“I’ve never had an issue with Kyle. Kyle and I have always raced really well together. We’ve never had an issue, but I guess that’s over.’'

“I got dumped,’' Busch told Fox Sports. “Flat out wrecked me. That’s how Joey races. He’s going to get it.’'

A NASCAR spokesperson confirmed to NBC Sports that no one was called to meet with series officials after the race about the incident.