Watch Stephen Curry interview Anthony Fauci about coronavirus (video)
Warriors star Stephen Curry interviewed Dr. Anthony Fauci – Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and one of the world’s foremost coronavirus experts – on Instagram today.
If you missed it, you can watch the video above. It was comforting to hear from someone so knowledgeable and so sensible.
- Coronavirus is far more serious than the seasonal flu.
- Young, healthy people are still at risk.
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms should stay home, not go to an emergency room (unless seriously ill). Call a healthcare provider and get instructions.
- It’s not yet clear how many days after recovering from coronavirus it becomes safe to interact with others.
- Though not yet confirmed for coronavirus, people can’t contract similar viruses multiple times.
- Many viruses lose muster as it gets warmer/more humid, but we can’t count on coronavirus following the same trend as summer approaches.
- Even as social-distancing restrictions are lifted, people should still take precautions relative to fully normal life.
- We are not overreacting.
- Access to testing is improving through privatization.
- It could take a year to a year-and-a-half to develop and test a vaccine. Fauci hopes to have a working vaccine by next winter.
- Fauci predicts coronavirus will cycle into another season.
- With better testing during next cycle, cases could be isolated before turning into an outbreak. Therefore, widespread isolation won’t be necessary.
- We need more masks. Priority should be healthcare providers then those who are infected then general population. Private companies are eagerly producing more masks.
- Don’t land on the extremes. We need to take action. The world is not ending.
- The best place for more information: coronavirus.gov