Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

Rotoworld

  • IND Guard #68
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Colts OG Matt Slauson announced his retirement after 10 seasons.
    Slauson started the first five games of the season for the Colts, playing every snap, but ended up suffering a back injury and missing the remainder of the year. Coach Frank Reich labeled it a significant injury, so perhaps this plays a part in his retirement. Slauson, 33 in 12 days, started all 113 games he appeared in his career, spending four years with the Jets, three with the Bears, two with the Chargers, and his final one in Indy. Slauson was a very serviceable player.
  • IND Guard #68
    Updating a previous item, Colts RG Matt Slauson was placed on injured reserve with a back injury.
    It had previously been unknown to everyone outside the organization what type of injury landed Slauson on I.R. But now we know. Coach Frank Reich said it’s a significant injury. Slauson was hurt last week despite playing every snap. Second-round rookie Braden Smith will take over at right guard.
  • IND Guard #68
    Colts placed RG Matt Slauson (undisclosed) on injured reserve.
    Slauson started each of the first five games and played every snap, so we have no idea when he was injured. The 32-year-old was a top-six pass-blocking guard in Pro Football Focus’ metrics out of 70 qualifiers, so it’s a pretty significant loss. Second-round rookie Braden Smith figures to be the next man up at right guard. The Colts signed G/C Boehm off the Rams’ practice squad.
  • IND Guard #68
    Jets LG Matt Slauson (shoulder surgery) says he’s ahead of schedule in his rehab, and may participate in May OTAs.
    “I have 100 percent range of motion,” he said. “Strength isn’t even close yet, but it’s on the way and it’s really coming back quickly. In fact, our trainers have to pull on the reins every now and then, and it’s because I’m doing so well that I want to keep on going.” Slauson had initially been ruled out for May OTAs. As long as he continues to progress without setbacks, Slauson should be ready for training camp.
  • IND Guard #68
    Jets LG Matt Slauson’s January shoulder surgery repaired tears to his labrum, biceps, and rotator cuff.
    It was an extensive surgery with 5-6 months of rehab. He’s questionable for the start of training camp. The Jets are counting on Slauson to return as a starter, but he’ll likely miss all offseason camps in Tony Sparano’s new offense.
  • IND Guard #68
    Jets LG Matt Slauson underwent post-season shoulder surgery.
    There’s no word on the severity. Slauson picked up his pass protection a bit in his second year as a starter, but he remains a liability as a run-blocker. Barring a surprise turnaround by 2010 second-rounder Vladimir Ducasse, Slauson should return as the 2012 starter.
  • IND Guard #68
    Jets LG Matt Slauson has been told he’ll be sharing reps with Vladimir Ducasse during training camp.
    Slauson is really just a replacement-level player, but Ducasse hasn’t shown enough yet to be considered a real threat here. It’s likely a case of Rex Ryan trying to generate some competition at a leaky position. The Jets’ main area of concern on the offensive line remains the right tackle spot.
  • IND Guard #68
    Jets LG Matt Slauson has agreed to a $258,000 pay cut, slicing his base salary from $1.308 million to $1.05 million.
    His salary is now fully guaranteed. The negotiation reportedly took place on August 1, right around the start of training camp. Slauson has since beaten out Vladimir Ducasse for the Jets’ starting left guard job, and will look to solidify his 2013 free agency stock in the final year of his rookie contract.
  • IND Guard #68
    Matt Slauson has won the starting left guard job.
    Slauson, the incumbent, has held off a weak challenge from Vladimir Ducasse. Along with right tackle Wayne Hunter, Slauson represents another weak spot on the Jets offensive line. It’s part of the team’s overall offensive dysfunction.
  • Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo said the new platoon of Vlad Ducasse working in with LG Matt Slauson is “a directive from high above me.”
    Coach Rex Ryan insists the call was his, though speculation is mounting that GM Mike Tannenbaum ordered the coaches to play his 2010 second-round pick. It’s clear that DeGuglielmo believes Ducasse belongs on the bench. “He’s playing well enough to be an every-third-series guy -- maybe,” said DeGuglielmo.