PHT Morning Skate: 2019-20 bold predictions; Which teams will drop in standings?
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sportsnet’s Andrew Berkshire gives us a list of three teams that could fall down the standings this year. (Sportsnet)
• On the flip side, Berkshire also provided us with a list of teams that could climb up the standings in 2019-20. (Sportsnet)
• The Atlantic Division got even tougher over the course of the off-season. (Canadian Press)
• The Score makes nine bold predictions for the 2019-20 hockey season. (The Score)
• The NHL should allow teams to put sponsored logos on their jerseys. (The Hockey Writers)
• Who will finish with the most goals, points and wins? The Hockey News makes their predictions. (The Hockey News)
• The Jets have no update when it comes to Dustin Byfuglien’s status right now. (NHL.com)
• David Backes hit up a skating book camp this summer and he quickly realized he couldn’t keep up with a group of 12-year-old girls. (NBC Sports Boston)
• The salary cap will affect the way the New York Rangers shape their roster. (Blue Line Station)
• Which three players could lead the Blues in goals this season? (Bleedin Blue)
• It’s time for Pierre-Luc Dubois to step up offensively for the Columbus Blue Jackets. (Columbus Dispatch)