PHT Morning Skate: Canada names staff for World Championship; Who should coach Rangers?
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Washington Capitals have always played pretty well against the Columbus Blue Jackets. (DC Puck Drop)
• Who should replace Alain Vigneault as head coach of the Rangers? A head coach that’s currently employed and a hall of fame goalie could be on the short list. (FanSided)
• Avs head coach Jared Bednar believes that Nathan MacKinnon and Taylor Hall are the favorites to land the Hart Trophy. (Denver Post)
• Two of the NHL’s top four teams will be knocked out of the playoffs early because of the current format the league has adopted. (Associated Press)
• Red Wings goalie Jared Coreau really struggled during his stint in the NHL, he’s hoping to find his game in the minors, where he’s had a ton of success. (MLive)
• We all know that the captain of the team that wins the Stanley Cup is always first to raise the trophy, but who will each captain potentially pass it to if they win it this year? (NHL.com)
• Marc Bergevin seems to have a problem with the attitude his team had all year. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Speaking of the Canadiens, they signed Notre Dame captain Jake Evans on a two-year, entry-level contract. (NHL.com/Canadiens)
• Hurricanes head coach Bill Peters will be the head coach of Team Canada’s squad at the World Hockey Championship next month. Blues bench boss Mike Yeo will serve as an associate coach, while Panthers coach Bob Boughner will be an assistant. (Hockey Canada)