Iowa State announces departure of freshman guard Nick Noskowiak
Iowa State freshman guard Nick Noskowiak has left the program and will not be returning, according to an announcement from the school.
The decision was mutual between Noskowiak and head coach Steve Prohm, as the freshman will look for a new opportunity after originally being suspended indefinitely earlier in the week.
“Nick informed us Friday night of his decision to step away from basketball and we agree that it is in his best interest and the best interest of Iowa State for us to mutually part,” Prohm said in the release. “We appreciate his effort when he was with us and wish him and his family the best in the future.”
“I have decided to step away from the Iowa State men’s basketball program,” Noskowiak said. “I wish Coach Prohm, my former coaches and teammates the best of luck in the future and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me to be a part of their team.”
Originally a Marquette commit, Noskowiak had multiple issues with the law this offseason. The Wisconsin native was charged in late May with operating a vehicle while intoxicated. In August, Noskowiak was charged with first-degree recklessly endangering safety (a felony offense), criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct (both misdemeanors).
A four-star prospect coming out of high school, the 6-foot-2 guard will now have to figure out his next step in regards to his basketball future.