Kyrie Irving talks trash after LeBron James takes, misses technical FT (video)
Kyrie Irving tired of playing in LeBron James’ shadow on the Cavaliers.
Both intentionally and unintentionally, LeBron looms large over nearly every situation.
Like when the Nets center DeAndre Jordan got called for a defensive three-second violation in Brooklyn’s win over the Lakers last night. Any Los Angeles player on the court could have taken the technical free throw. The five possible players with their free-throw percentages:
- Talen Horton-Tucker (84% this season, 80% career)
- Alex Caruso (83% this season, 76% career)
- LeBron James (70% this season, 73% career)
- Kyle Kuzma (62% this season, 73% career)
- Montrezl Harrell (74% this season, 65% career)
LeBron – whose kryptonite is free throws – immediately stepped to the line.
Irving pointed at LeBron and said, “That’s your best free-throw shooter?”