PHT Morning Skate: Kings in trouble; Can Blues keep Pietrangelo?
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Jesse Puljujarvi isn’t opposed to spending the year over in Europe. (Sportsnet)
• Hall-of-fame executive Jim Devellano is going to undergo brain surgery on Monday to remove a non-cancerous brain tumour. (USA Today)
• Patrick Marleau’s agent admitted that his client only wanted to play for the San Jose Sharks. (NBC Sports Bay Area)
• It’s early in the season, but the Los Angeles Kings could be in some serious trouble already. (Yahoo)
• How quickly can a Stanley Cup window slam shut? (Gotham Sports Network)
• Will the St. Louis Blues be able to re-sign Alex Pietrangelo? (Featurd)
• Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger won’t rush Rasmus Dahlin’s development. (Buffalo News)
• Losing defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson for an extended period of time would be bad for the Coyotes. (Five for Howling)
• Anthony Cirelli isn’t the biggest name on the Lightning roster, but he’s an important part of the group. (The Score)
• Todd Bertuzzi should be in the Canucks’ Ring of Honor. (Daily Hive)
• Have the seats at TD Garden gotten smaller? (Boston Globe)
• The Red Wings’ fourth line is off to a great start this season. (Mlive.com)
• Andrew Raycroft loves the city of Boston. (Bruins Die Hards)
• The Senators have hired Canadian University Basketball coach Dave Smart as a consultant. (TSN)