Are you a football hipster? The Guardian lets you know.
As we await the world football event of the day that is Arsenal v. Chelsea in the Capital One Cup, it’s worth taking 5 minutes to check out The Guardian’s new quiz which asks, ‘Are You A Football Hipster?’
The quiz asks participants a series of 15 questions and awards one to four points based on the response, four being the most hipster.
The questions and answers are pretty hilarious. For example:
1. A friend is adamant that Manchester United’s deployment of Wayne Rooney as a false nine is hampering both the player and the team and that he should really be up there as a true 10. Your response is:
- “Oh, don’t be ridiculous. If you’re going to move Rooney, you want him as a genuine trequartista with United employing inside-out wingers. And, anyway, the problem lies much deeper in their failure to control more than 55% of possession in any of their away games against teams who play a diamond in midfield.”
- “Um ... yeah. And did you see that ludicrous display last night? Thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.”
- “Yeah – and if you moved him forward then Kagawa might get a game.”
- Throw a pork scratching at him/her and storm to the bar
3. It’s a big midweek Champions League night. The curtains are drawn. The pizza has been ordered. The booze is in the fridge. But what are you going to watch?
- Manchester United v Milan on ITV1
- Athletic Bilbao v Shakhtar Donetsk on Sky Sports Red Button
- Keflavik v Fylkir in the Icelandic first division on an internet streaming service (because Fylkir have been utilising an interesting variant of the double-pivot)
- Chelsea v Viktoria Plovdiv on ITV4
10. For some reason you have bought yourself a goldfish. What do you call it?
At the end of the quiz your hipsterdom is assessed by The Guardian, who concluded that I am nearly a ‘football hipster’, although apparently, I still have a way to go:
“You scored 43 out of a possible 60. Close but no cigar – YOU’RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there’s part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you’re well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom.”
All in all the quiz is a good time even if it flies in direct contravention of the fact that no real hipster would define himself as such. But I digress.
Take the quiz for yourself, right here.