Threats of violence against Malcolm Glazer were investigated by FBI
Violent threats against Malcolm Glazer and his family that happened in the timeframe when the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner was purchasing Manchester United, via Sky News.
Due to a Freedom of Information Act from the Associated Press, The FBI actually released a great deal of information regarding the case--upwards of 120 pages of records with details revolving around telephone calls and emails, ESPN FC says.
Glazer’s $1.4 billion buyout of United came as a unsettling news to supporters who were against foreign ownership because they believed the American owner would take measures to disrupt the club’s financial and traditional state.
Certain fans burned Glazer figures, boycotted the team’s sponsors, and supposedly, British police had been investigating a a fan group with violent intentions.
Glazer had received threatening calls, the first on May 12, 2005, when a man with a British accent called Bucaneers’ headquarters to say that he wanted the billionaire dead. multiple call, the speaker. Mere hours passed before another male caller, indicating that he was a member of the Manchester United Action Group, said that the entire Glazer family would face some form of danger if the 78-year-old went through with his purchase.
Glazer received two more calls along the same lines, and the case, although explored, was closed, since no culprit for such actions could be identified and prosecuted.