Domestic violence charge dropped against Junior Galette
On Thursday, a civil suit was filed against Junior Galette by the same woman whose accusations of domestic violence led Galette to be arrested and charged earlier this year.
The civil suit remains in place, but the criminal charges have gone away. Kenner, Louisiana city attorney Mike Power told the New Orleans Times-Picayune on Thursday night that the charge has been dropped after interviews with witnesses cast doubt on the woman’s claim that she was a member of Galette’s household.
“This confirms what we have said from the beginning about Junior Galette’s actions and character,” Galette’s attorney Ralph Whalen said in a statement.
Galette and his cousin Terrance Banks had both been charged after police were called to Galette’s house on January 5 and the charges against Banks have been dropped as well. An attorney for the woman said that the decision to drop criminal charges would not impact the decision to move forward with a civil suit.