PHT Morning Skate: Best backup goalies; Can Suzuki stick with Habs?
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jake DeBrusk knows what to expect when he becomes a restricted free agent next summer. (NBC Sports Boston)
• Nick Suzuki is making a strong case to break camp with the Montreal Canadiens. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• The Washington Capitals got to hang out with soccer star Wayne Rooney. (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
• How much better will the Devils power play be this year? (All About the Jersey)
• There’s a chance the Flyers could drop a rookie forward onto their first line to start the upcoming season. (Broad Street Hockey)
• Flyers goalie Carter Hart developed quite the appetite over the summer. (NBC Sports Philly)
• Here are the three keys to the Panthers making the playoffs. (The Rat Trick)
• Jack Johnson shouldn’t be in the Penguins top-six on the blue line. (Pensburgh)
• Brandon Saad is finding ways to balance hockey and fatherhood. (Chicago Tribune)
• Bleedin’ Blue draws up a list of the top five trade targets for the St. Louis Blues in 2020. (Bleedin’ Blue)
• Is Nic Hague ready to be a regular on the Golden Knights’ defense this year? (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Who will play special teams for the San Jose Sharks this season? (Fear the Fin)
• The Hockey News ranks the best backup goalies in the NHL. (The Hockey News)
• The NHL Network continues with their top 50 players list. This time, they break down no. 20 down to no. 11. (NHL.com)