PHT Morning Skate: Senators blame Karlsson; Seguin’s Super Mario clip
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First off, up top, Tampa Bay Lightning center Alex Killorn nailed the Ryan Fitzpatrick look.
• The Ottawa Senators are saying they didn’t feel Erik Karlsson wanted to be a part of the rebuild in Canada’s capital. (Ottawa Citizen)
• In the salary cap era, players have to weigh their own contracts against the betterment of the team. (TSN)
• Here’s the oral history of the tweet of the year in the NHL: Tyler Seguin’s Super Mario video announcing his contract extension in Dallas. (Sportsnet)
• Hockey is more than just a game for the man spearheading the effort to bring the NHL to Seattle. (NHL to Seattle)
• Five teams who didn’t make the playoffs last year that should make it this time around and vice versa. (Featurd)
• Like weird? Here’s the weirdest from the past year in the NHL. (Yard Barker)
• People like to emulate Stanley Cup winners. The Chicago Blackhawks are doing that in regards to the Washington Capitals power-play scheme. (NBC Sports Chicago)
• A facial fracture and surgery to repair the damage on Tuesday will keep Nicolas Deslauriers out the Montreal Canadiens lineup indefinitely. (Montreal Canadiens)
• A low offseason for the Edmonton Oilers has them playing a dangerous game. (Yahoo)
• A guide to watching preseason hockey. (The Hockey News)