The Buzzer: Garland, Kuemper boost Coyotes; Canucks rout Panthers
1. Conor Garland, Arizona Coyotes
Garland scored Arizona’s opening goal and assisted on Carl Soderberg’s tying goal on the power play with 3:28 left to play during a 3-2 shootout win over the Sabres. This was the second straight game the Coyotes erased a multi-goal deficit to win and only the second time they have done so in Coyotes/Jets franchise history. Garland leads the team in goals with six.
2. J.T. Miller, Vancouver Canucks
A five-goal first period led to a 7-2 rout of the Panthers Monday night. Miller did his part with two goals, while Elias Pettersson and Alex Edler chipped in three assists apiece. The goals were Nos. 100 and 101 in Miller’s NHL career. Pettersson, meanwhile, broke the 80-mark in his career during the game, with only Pavel Bure requiring fewer games to reach 80 points in his Canucks career. The loss snaps Florida’s eight-game point streak.
3. Darcy Kuemper, Arizona Coyotes
Kuemper made 24 saves in regulation and overtime and stopped two more in the shootout during the Coyotes’ victory. He’s now allowed two goals or fewer in 14 of his last 15 starts.
Highlights of the Night
• Birthday boy Jack Eichel potted his seventh of the season:
• Carter Hutton, who made 42 saves, nearly lost the game for the Sabres in overtime with this oopsie:
• Nifty little give-and-go here between Micheal Haley and Brandon Sutter:
Sergei Bobrovsky has an .869 save percentage in the first 10 games of his seven year, $70-million deal in Florida.— James Mirtle (@mirtle) October 29, 2019
• All 12 Canucks forwards recorded at least one point vs. the Panthers.
Coyotes 3, Sabres 2 (SO)
Canucks 7, Panthers 2