Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

MLB Player News

Rotoworld

  • AZ Starting Pitcher #57
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Eduardo Rodriguez recorded just seven outs and gave up five runs Monday in a loss to the Brewers.
    Rodriguez allowed six hits to the 14 batters he faced, even though he surrendered only for hard-hit balls and most of the contact against him was on the ground. Fortunately, he didn’t burn out the pen in his shortest outing of the year, as Bryce Jarvis was able to pitch 5 2/3 innings behind him. Rodriguez dropped to 5-8 with a 5.67 ERA, and he’s due to face the Dodgers next.
  • NYM Right Fielder #18
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Mets signed OF Mike Tauchman to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
    Tauchman hit .263/.356/.400 for the White Sox last year and has averaged a .359 OBP and 1.4 fWAR per year as a platoon guy the last three seasons, but no major league offers were forthcoming, it seems. He seems like a nice get for the Mets as a DH and fallback right field option against right-handers, though there might not be room for him if Carson Benge makes the team. If they do somehow carry both Benge and Tauchman, that’d be more bad news for Mark Vientos.
    Braves RHP Schwellenbach to begin season on IL
    Eric Samulski reacts to news that Braves pitcher Spencer Schwellenbach has been placed on the 60-day IL to have surgery on his right elbow, another blow to Atlanta's starting rotation before the 2026 season begins.
  • CHC Outfield #27
    Seiya Suzuki and Ian Happ, both free agents after the season, said the Cubs have yet to engage with them in contract extension talks.
    Both said they’d be open to the possibility. Suzuki is entering the final year of a five-year, $85 million pact he signed after coming over from Japan. Happ signed a surprisingly modest three-year, $61 million extension in April 2023, which was about five months before he would have been eligible for free agency for the first time. The Cubs should have interest in retaining both, but they do potentially have Kevin Alcántara ready to take over for one of the two next year.
  • LAD Pitcher #7
    Blake Snell, who was dealing with shoulder discomfort at the end of last season, has yet to try throwing off a mound as he prepares for the 2026 season.
    It’s part of Snell’s plan to throw more innings this season after being limited to 11 regular-season starts last year. He’s still aiming to be a part of the Opening Day rotation, but any bit of trouble this spring will probably put him on the IL initially. “He’s playing catch,” manager Dave Roberts said. “He’s throwing. Once he gets off the mound, throws a pen, faces some hitters, we’ll know more. But obviously he’s not there right now.”
  • SD Pitcher #76
    Padres placed RHP Jhony Brito on the 60-day injured list following elbow surgery.
    Brito underwent internal brace surgery last May and could be in line to return in June or July. He had a 4.12 ERA over 43 2/3 innings in 26 relief appearances for the Padres in 2024.
  • MIL Shortstop #2
    Brewers signed INF/OF Luis Rengifo to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
    The deal, which was agreed upon over the weekend, is now official. The versatile 28-year-old had a down season offensively in 2025, slashing a mere .238/.287/.335 with nine homers, 43 RBI and 10 stolen bases (in 17 attempts) over 541 plate appearances with the Angels. If he can bounce back though, he could be the answer that the Brewers are looking for at third base after shipping Caleb Durbin to the Red Sox.
  • BOS Infield #23
    Red Sox’ manager Alex Cora told reporters on Monday that Romy Gonzalez (shoulder) is still limited to playing catch.
    The 29-year-old has yet to be cleared to perform any other baseball activities as he battles shoulder inflammation. It sounds increasingly likely that Gonzalez will open the season on the injured list.
  • STL Infield
    Cardinals designated INF Bryan Ramos or assignment.
    Ramos was claimed off of waivers from the Orioles in early February, but he gets the boot from the Cardinals’ 40-man roster to make room for the addition of Zak Kent on Monday. Ramos has already changed teams a couple of times since the end of the 2025 season and he could once again attract interest on waivers.
  • STL Relief Pitcher #61
    Cardinals claimed RHP Zak Kent off of waivers from the Rangers.
    The 27-year-old right-hander had been designated for assignment by the Rangers over the weekend. Kent registered a 4.58 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and a 16/8 K/BB ratio over 17 2/3 innings in 12 appearances with the Guardians in 2025. Given the current makeup of the Cardinals’ bullpen, he should have a decent shot at cracking the Opening Day roster as long as he doesn’t implode during Grapefruit League play.
  • NYY Right Fielder #35
    Yankees sent OF Yanquiel Fernandez outright to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
    The 23-year-old outfielder passed through waivers unclaimed and will remain with the Yankees. He’ll stay in big league camp as a non-roster invitee where he’ll get to showcase his power against Grapefruit League competition.
  • NYY Infield #11
    Anthony Volpe (shoulder) began his hitting program by taking dry swings on Monday.
    It’s the first time that the 24-year-old shortstop has swung a bat since undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder. The Yankees are already expecting to be without Volpe for all of April, so they’re going to let him take his time as he progresses through his recovery. Jose Caballero is expected to see the bulk of the action at shortstop while Volpe is shelved.