(VIDEO) Notable wrecks from across all of auto racing
Take a look back at some of the most horrific wrecks and devastating crashes across NASCAR, IndyCar and Formula One in 2015.
With the exception of Kyle Busch’s crash in the Xfinity Series opener at Daytona, all drivers walked away from their incidents.
Here are the wrecks shown in the video:
- NASCAR Sprint Cup: Jamie McMurray‘s spin triggers a large crash at Daytona
- F1: Sauber’s Felipe Nasr has front-end impact in Canada
- IndyCar: Ryan Briscoe survives horrific end-over-end accident in Fontana
- NASCAR Xfinity Series: Erik Jones spun in second “big one” of Xfinity opener, while Kyle Busch slid into the unprotected inside retaining wall at Daytona
- F1: Max Verstappen collects Romain Grosjean in the biggest wreck of the F1 season thus far, at Monaco
- Xfinity: Daniel Suarez and Regan Smith are caught up in the first “big one” at the Xfinity opener
- IndyCar: Ed Carpenter goes in backwards and catches air on Sunday morning of Indy 500 qualifying
- F1: Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso have a scary coming together in Austria
- Sprint Cup: Trevor Bayne hits the backstraight wall at Talladega in another “big one”
- IndyCar: Helio Castroneves’ aerial flight in Indy 500 practice kicks off a concerning week of accidents
- Sprint Cup: Austin Dillon‘s crash in Daytona was the scariest one of the year by far