NBA Draft rumors: Everybody loves them some Bradley Beal
The NBA draft is just 9 days away and rumors are flying — who is moving up the board, which teams want out, which teams want in. Here is a collection of rumors for Tuesday morning, but it comes with this caveat: Most of these will not come to pass. Take them all with a grain of salt.
• Teams have fallen for Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal and, while he has only worked out for the top four teams in the draft that will be enough. He is not falling past the Cavaliers at No. 4, reports Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy (who provides a lot of the rumors on this page), but frankly he may not get that far. Washington at No. 3 likes him also.
• Jared Sullinger may have health concerns following him, but he is still working out for about anyone who asks.
• Lots of buzz that the Raptors might move their No. 8 pick, but don’t bet on it. They are more likely to keep it.
• There have been consistent rumors the Celtics would like to package picks No. 20 and 21 (plus maybe a role player) to move up in the draft.
• Basically that follows the buzz from a few corners that a lot of teams in the bottom half of the first round want out. For example, the Thunder reportedly don’t want another young player owed garunteed money.
• Brooklyn reportedly would like to move into the first round. Of course they would, but what are they going to give up that people want to get it?
• The Bucks reportedly want to jump up into the top 10 of the draft.
• Andre Drummond and Thomas Robinson are expected to work out for the Bobcats Friday.
• France’s Evan Fournier has worked out for just about everybody. The 6’7” combo guard impressed our own Brett Pollakoff at adidas EuroCamp in Italy.