Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up

The Bills made three additions to their 2026 roster on Thursday.

The team announced it signed center Lloyd Cushenberry III, wide receiver Trent Sherfield Sr. and center/guard Austin Corbett to one-year contracts.

Cushenberry’s last stop was a two-year stint with the Titans, where he started every game he appeared in (23) at center.

He began his career with the Broncos as a third-round draft pick in 2020, and he spent four seasons in Denver. He started 57 games for the Broncos.

Sherfield previously played for Buffalo in 2023.

In his first stint with the Bills, Sherfield made 11 catches for 86 yards and one touchdown.

Sherfield spent the 2025 season with the Broncos and on the practice squads of the Cardinals and Patriots. In 10 games and three starts with the Broncos, he caught three passes for 21 yards.

He started his career with the Cardinals in 2018, signing as an undrafted free agent.

Sherfield has also spent time with the 49ers, Dolphins and Vikings.

Corbett, who visited the Bills on Monday, spent the past four seasons with the Panthers.

He played all 17 games in 2022, his first season in Carolina, but missed 29 of a possible 51 games over the past three seasons.

The Browns made him a second-round pick in 2018, and he played 14 games before Cleveland traded him to the Rams during the 2019 season.

In his career, Corbett has appeared in 94 games with 78 starts.


Titans Clips

Levis, McCarthy have things to prove in preseason
Chris Simms and Mike Florio discuss the players they want to see something from during Week 1 of the 2026 NFL preseason, breaking down why Will Levis, Will Howard and J.J. McCarthy have things to prove.

Ohio State wide receiver Carnell Tate ran a 4.52-second 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. The time is not expected to hurt his draft status as a top-10 pick.

That’s why he decided not to run at Ohio State’s Pro Day on Wednesday, saying no teams have questioned him about his speed.

Instead, Tate did only position drills, catching passes from Julian Sayin.

“I definitely think it can be overvalued,” Tate said of the 40-yard dash, via Daniel Oyefusi of TheAthletic.com. “Like a couple of great NFL receivers right now like Puka [Nacua] and Jaxon [Smith-Njigba] like they probably didn’t run the fastest of times, but they’re the two best receivers in the league right now. It just depends on who’s looking at it and how y’all want to take it.”

Tate said he has top-30 draft visits scheduled with the Titans, Saints, Commanders, Giants and Chiefs. He has already visited the Browns. All of those teams draft in the top nine, with the Titans holding the fourth overall pick.


One of the top receivers in this year’s draft has been a busy pre-draft schedule, including meeting with an NFC South team in the top 10.

Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, former USC receiver Makai Lemon is working out for the Saints on Tuesday.

New Orleans has the No. 8 overall pick this year.

Additionally, Lemon has worked out for the Commanders, who select at No. 7 overall. He visited with the Browns (No. 6) last week and will visit with the Titans (No. 4) this week.

Lemon became one of the top prospects for this year’s draft by catching 79 passes for 1,156 yards with 11 touchdowns as a junior in 2025. He caught 52 passes for 764 yards with three TDs in 2024.


The Titans have made another addition to Robert Saleh’s defense.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that they have agreed to terms with linebacker Mohamoud Diabate. Diabate spent the last three seasons with the Browns, but they did not tender him as a restricted free agent.

Diabate made the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2023 and appeared in 46 games during his time in Cleveland. He started 18 of those games and compiled 127 tackles, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries while with the AFC North club.

The Titans have added a number of other defensive players this month, which means Diabate will be part of a very different looking lineup than the one they fielded in Week 18 of the 2025 season.


New Titans wide receiver Wan’Dale Robinson knows the franchise is being built around last year’s first overall draft pick, quarterback Cam Ward. And Robinson says he’s the right guy to become Ward’s favorite target.

Robinson said the Titans’ coaching staff has made clear to him that Ward needs a receiver he can rly on, and Robinson said he believes he’ll be the receiver consistently open when Ward looks downfield.

“If you just watch the tape, him being able to create plays outside of the pocket, that’s what really stands out,” Robinson said, via ESPN. “For me, being that valuable target, always being able to be open for a guy. They told me that they needed somebody like that. So that was really what got me, and just being able to grow with a young quarterback to see where he can get to.”

Robinson said he’ll have plenty of balls thrown his way if he plays the way he needs to play.

“My job is to get open,” Robinson said. “Just go out there and get open for Cam, and the targets will come.”

Having previously played for Titans offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Robinson says he knows exactly what his job is in the offense. And Robinson’s biggest job is to make Ward better.


The Cardinals have signed free agent offensive lineman Olisaemeka Udoh to a one-year deal, the team announced Friday.

Udoh, 29, spent last season with the Titans, playing all 17 games. He made two starts at right tackle and one at left tackle, while playing 341 offensive snaps and 65 on special teams.

The Vikings made Udoh a sixth-round pick in 2019.

He has appeared in 74 games with 22 starts.

Udoh has made 14 starts at right guard, four at left tackle, three at right tackle and one at left guard.

He is the fourth offensive lineman the Cardinals have added in free agency, joining Isaac Seumalo, who will start at left guard, Matt Pryor and Elijah Wilkinson. Still, the Cardinals are expected to select at least one offensive tackle during the three-day draft, and University of Miami’s Francis Mauigoa is a popular choice for them in mock drafts.


It’s been more than four years since Brian Flores filed his landmark race discrimination lawsuit against the NFL and various teams. The case remains stuck at square one.

The six teams that are the subject of claims made by Flores, Steve Wilks, and Ray Horton — the Dolphins, Giants, Broncos, Texans, Cardinals, and Titans — continue to seek a stay of the proceedings, pending multiple different appeals. This week, the presiding judge declined to stay the litigation.

Currently, the Giants, Broncos, and Texans have a petition for appeal pending before the U.S. Supreme Court on the question of whether the claims made against them require mandatory arbitration. A ruling is expected within the next month or so. (The Supreme Court first has to accept the appeal before resolving the issue.)

The Dolphins, Cardinals, and Titans more recently had their efforts to force arbitration denied. That will inevitably be the subject of another petition for appeal to the Supreme Court, based on the broader conclusion that the NFL’s entire system of arbitration controlled by the NFL has been struck down.

Like most defendants to civil litigation, there’s value in slowing the process down as much as possible. Flores, Wilks, and Horton want to move the case along.

While, like all parties in civil cases, appeal rights can be exercised as to certain issues before the case has ended, there’s a point at which justice delayed becomes justice denied. It has been more than four years. At some point, it’s time to start addressing the merits of the case, and to stop spinning the wheels of the court system on the threshold question of where and how the case is going to be litigated.

As to the notion that the case would have moved faster if the plaintiffs had accepted the league’s arbitration procedures (even if the process is inherently rigged against them), consider this — the league’s designated arbitrator (according to the plaintiffs) did nothing with the claims for more than a year.

A defendant to a civil case can run, but it cannot hide. Unfortunately, the NFL and the six teams that have been sued have managed to run an ultramarathon in the effort to avoid having to answer the specific claims that Flores, Wilks, and Horton have made.

Common sense suggests that, if the NFL and the six teams had any real confidence in its arguments on the merits, they would eventually stand and fight instead.


Tight end Jody Fortson didn’t play at all in 2025, but he’s trying to get back into the league for the 2026 season.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Fortson is visiting with the Titans.

Fortson last played in a game while with the Chiefs in Week 8 of the 2024 season. He tore his ACL in that contest and was reportedly cleared to return last fall, but did not catch on with any team.

Fortson had 14 catches for 155 yards in 19 games for the Chiefs in 2021 and 2022. He spent all of 2023 on injured reserve and then returned to Kansas City in 2024 after a brief stint with the Dolphins.


Defensive lineman John Franklin-Myers will be with a new team in 2026, but his transition to the Titans will be a smoother one thanks to some familiar faces in the building.

Titans head coach Robert Saleh had the same job with the Jets when Franklin-Myers was with the team and edge rusher Jermaine Johnson made the move to Tennessee in a trade this month. There’s also history with defensive run game coordinator Aaron Whitecotton and Franklin-Myers said that the best part of his new team is that “you have people that you trust and bled with and sweated with and it makes it easier to be out there.”

Franklin-Myers said Saleh’s presence was particularly important to him when it came time to making a decision about where to sign this offseason.

“Our relationship, we have one of the best relationships in football I would say,” Franklin-Myers said, via the team’s website. “We kept in contact. When I’m down, he is going to shoot me a text, and he is going to pick me up. Relationships in football, they’re so important. And I appreciate coach Saleh because I can always count on him. Whenever free agency started, it was like: ‘If the opportunity ever came about and he was willing, and we set the financials straight, I would be more than willing.’ And I am so happy to be back in this defense with him, for real.”

Defensive tackle Solomon Thomas and safety Tony Adams also have ties to the Saleh-era Jets and the Titans have brought in a number of players who played for offensive coordinator Brian Daboll when Daboll was the head coach of the Giants. They’ll be hoping that history leads to strong results on the field.


The Bears are set to add a defensive lineman to their roster.

According to multiple reports, they have agreed to a deal with James Lynch. It’s a one-year deal in Chicago for the veteran lineman.

Lynch spent the last two seasons with the Titans and appeared in all 34 of the team’s games. He had 45 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

The move to the Bears will be a return to the NFC North for Lynch, who entered the league as a Vikings fourth-round pick in 2020. He had 53 tackles, two sacks and a fumble recovery while playing for Minnesota.