PHT Morning Skate: Crosby on All-Star Game; USA Hockey’s future
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Springfield Thunderbirds went full “Gin & Juice” over the weekend as they rocked these vintage jerseys.
• Is Sidney Crosby deserving of an All-Star invite this season? Sidney Crosby doesn’t think so. [Post-Gazette]
• The hot mess that is the Edmonton Oilers won’t be changing coaches anytime soon, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli. [Sportsnet]
• How is the NHL draft looking after the World Junior Championship? It’s Rasmus Dahlin, then everyone else. [TSN]
• USA Hockey has a very bright future on the junior level. [Sporting News]
• New York Islanders prospect Kieffer Bellows put on quite a show in Buffalo during the tournament. [FanRag Sports]
• So, about those “easy expansion rules” for the Vegas Golden Knights… [Sin Bin Vegas]
• However the second half plays out for the Vancouver Canucks, they’ll need production from the Sedins. [Province]
• Blake Coleman is a dangerous presence on the penalty kill for the New Jersey Devils. [All About the Jersey]
• The Florida Panthers are sliding into the midpoint of the season heading in the wrong direction. [Panther Parkway]
• Neat story about how Pierre-Cedric Labrie of the Milwaukee Admirals can thank Grand Rapids Griffins goalie Tom McCollum for being able to get home in time for the birth of his son. [Freep]
• Three years after undergoing surgery for a brain tumor, 12-year-old Levi Whitcomb is back on the ice. [boston.com]
• Finally, here’s Kris Versteeg, Mayor of Chirpsville: