Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

    Rams EDGE Myles Garrett (knee) still sidelined

    Link copied to clipboard!

    LA Defensive End #95
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Rams EDGE Myles Garrett (knee) did not practice on Thursday.

    When Garrett initially began experiencing knee soreness and swelling in late July, Rams coach Sean McVay said he expected Garrett to resume practicing by August 6th. Garrett retook the field on August 5th, but began sitting out again this week. Garrett, 30, has regularly played through injuries in his career. At this point, he has plenty of time to get right for the season opener. His participation is worth tracking, though.
Was Dart's trip to the blue tent necessary?
Chris Simms and Connor Rogers discuss New York Giants' quarterback Jaxson Darts latest injury, the concussion protocol he received, and if his treatment was necessary.

Related Player News

  • LA Defensive End #95
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Ah, that doesn’t sound ominous at all. Garrett told McVay he’s at “85 percent” at the moment. Garrett had been practicing before this, so perhaps this winds up being nothing and they’re merely holding him out to be safe. But knee swelling does not tend to lead anywhere good.
  • LA Defensive End #95
    Garrett missed four practices with lower-body soreness, but suited up and practiced Wednesday. There is no concern for the star 30-year-old pass rusher; Garrett is back on the practice field and could be sharing the field with Aaron Donald soon.
  • LA Defensive End #95
    McVay adds that there is “nothing to worry about,” although Garrett will also miss his fourth consecutive practice on Monday. McVay expects Garrett to resume practicing in time for the Rams’ next practice block. They have a scheduled day off on Tuesday, before returning for a two-day slate on Wednesday and Thursday, which are the last two training camp practices that Rams fans can purchase tickets to. We should have an update by Wednesday at the latest. ESPN’s Sarah Barshop later quoted McVay as saying Garrett has “had checkups” and that his expected four-day absence is about keeping him as fresh as possible for Week 1 against the 49ers, five weeks from now. Hopefully, they are just being overly cautious and there really is no issue here.
  • LA Defensive End #95
    The contract tweaks moved “the vesting date of his guarantees back a few months,” allowing the Rams to bring Garrett and his record-setting deal aboard without issue. Garrett’s average annual value and contract length both remain the same. This move could allow the Rams to add another veteran or two, but we do not yet know exactly how Garrett’s money will be spread out over the Rams’ current and future books.
  • LA Defensive Tackle #99
    Schultz apparently texted Donald, 35, about whether he would consider coming out of retirement to play alongside new Rams EDGE Myles Garrett. Per Schultz, Donald responded by saying he is “for sure flirting with the idea,” and if he can “find the fire, it’s a possibility.” Donald also noted that this season’s Super Bowl will be hosted at the Rams’ SoFi Stadium, which appeals to him. Donald is still on the Rams’ reserve/retired list, so his 2024 salary can be reinstated if he decides he would like to return. According to Over The Cap, the Rams have $16.3 million in salary cap space this season. A potential return should not be expected. Retired players entertain returns from time to time, but most of the time, they decide to stay put. To be fair to Donald, though, it does seem like he is at least mildly weighing his options.
  • LA Defensive End #95
    Shortly after Browns HC Todd Monken declined to comment on whether or not he expects Garrett to report to mandatory minicamp, we now have our answer. The 2025 NFL Defensive Player of the Year and single-season sacks record holder is now taking his talents to Los Angeles to help Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford’s push for a second Lombardi Trophy. Speculation around a possible trade for Garrett began swirling earlier this offseason after the team re-worked the language in his contract to make him more feasible to trade, and now, after months of insisting Garrett would be a Brown for life, Cleveland has dealt him away. It goes without saying that Garrett will provide a major boost to a defense that finished 10th in points allowed last season and fell just short of a Super Bowl appearance, even if it does come at the cost of losing a young star in Verse. Garrett signed a four-year, $130 million extension with the Browns last offseason and remains under contract through 2030, putting him under the Rams’ control for the next four seasons. In addition to Verse and a 2027 first-round pick, the Rams also sent a 2028 second-rounder and a 2029 third-rounder to Cleveland. Browns GM Andrew Berry said shortly after the deal was announced that talks were ongoing and nothing was official yet, but this seems like a done deal despite Berry’s best poker face.
  • CLE Defensive End #95
    Monken said the only thing he was assured of when taking the job as the Browns’ head coach was what was written on his contract. That doesn’t seem great. Garrett has been the subject of offseason trade rumors after the Browns modified the language in his contract earlier this offseason, and has notably been a no-show at team activities thus far. Should he not report to mandatory minicamp next week, it would be the most obvious sign yet of a clearly disgruntled player who could be looking for a way out. Garrett signed a massive four-year, $130 million contract extension last offseason, but now, it’s possible the 30-year-old pass-rusher would like to have a chance winning something on the football field while still in the prime of his career. Garrett set an NFL record 23 sacks last season on his way to winning Defensive Player of the Year honors. If he were to become available, it’s safe to say there would be plenty of teams lining up for a chance at his services.
  • CLE Defensive End #95
    Per NBC Sports’ Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, Garrett’s bonus is fully guaranteed, but Garrett must still earn it. To do so, Garrett “must participate in 84.375 percent of the offseason workout sessions, participate in all minicamps, participate in all OTA days, and timely report to training camp.” Garrett is set to make an average of $40 million per year, but potentially giving up $1 million is still a bit surprising. The front office restructured his contract earlier this offseason, generating trade speculation. The team has publicly rejected the idea that Garrett would be traded. It is too early to say if Garrett’s absence actually matters — he can still hit the 84.375 percent mark — but his early absence is worth noting. Stay tuned.
  • CLE Defensive End #95
    The Browns modified Garrett’s contract language last week, in a manner that lowers Garrett’s dead money in the event of a trade, while also granting Cleveland extra time to work through bonus payouts for the next three seasons. Understandably, reporters, fans and NFL teams wondered if a trade was imminent. Evidently, the Browns have no desire to trade their star defender. Berry adds that he does not want to “waste a ton more breath on the topic.” Theoretically, this should put this story to rest.
  • CLE Defensive End #95
    Schefter detailed his conversation with the Browns while speaking to Pat McAfee, adding that the Browns “couldn’t have been stronger” in their remarks. Garrett’s recently reworked deal gives the Browns more salary cap flexibility, so this report makes sense. Could the Browns’ front office still listen to trade offers? Absolutely. For now, it sounds like the Browns plan to keep him, though.

Rotoworld

  • DET Wide Receiver #1
    Player Stats
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Lions HC Dan Campbell told reporters WR Jameson Williams (shoulder) is dealing with a minor injury.

    Williams was notably absent from practice on Sunday and also missed Monday’s practice. He’s dealing with a minor shoulder injury, according to Campbell. Williams was spotted at Monday’s practice helping receivers go through a drill without a brace or a sling on his shoulder. Despite missing two practices so far, Campbell said Williams is “good to go.” While the coach said a significant amount of starters will play in the Lions second preseason game on Saturday, it’s unclear and potentially unlikely that Williams will be one of them at this point.
  • Link copied to clipboard!

    49ers RB Christian McCaffrey (tightness) is actually dealing with tightness and not holding in for a new contract, according to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport.

    There had been previous speculation, most notably from Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio and 49ers beat guy Grant Cohn, that McCaffrey’s tightness that cropped up just days after Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs reset the running back market was him holding in for a new contract of his own. Rapoport shot that down in a report Monday night, calling the timing of the injury a coincidence. Rapoport noted that it sounds like McCaffrey was angling for a new contract over the offseason, though those talks went nowhere. In positive news for fantasy managers, he also added that it’s his understanding the injury isn’t anything to worry about, which implies McCaffrey will be ready for the start of the regular season.
  • NO Wide Receiver #0
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Saints WR Jordyn Tyson (hamstring) is expected to miss roughly two months, reports NFL Insider Ian Rapoport.

    Tyson left practice last Thursday with a hamstring injury and sought opinions from multiple doctors over the weekend. Now he’s slated to miss roughly two months, according to Rapoport. It’s a tough blow for the 22-year-old receiver who also battled hamstring injuries during his college career. The Saints also drafted receivers Bryce Lance and Barion Brown, though Devaughn Vele could be first in line for additional targets while Tyson is out.
  • CHI Running Back #25
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Bears RB Kyle Monangai is expected to miss multiple weeks with a hyperextended knee, reports ESPN’s Jeremey Fowler.

    Monangai suffered a right knee injury when he was tackled from behind by Grady Jarrett on Sunday. Despite earlier reports that Monangai would be fine, he’s now set to miss multiple weeks with a hyperextended knee, according to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. Roschon Johnson would be in line to serve as the primary backup to D’Andre Swift for the first few weeks if the Bears don’t bring in another running back.
  • Link copied to clipboard!

    The Charlotte Observer’s Alex Zietlow said the Panthers have not determined when Darren Waller will make his debut.

    While the team has yet to decide when Waller will make his 2026 debut, Waller said his readiness for the upcoming season is “night and day from last year to this year.” Last season, Waller was returning from retirement and needed a lot of time to ramp up. Now, it sounds like Waller could be in a position to at least be ready for the start of the season for a Panthers team that’s in need of help at the tight end position. While his days as a weekly TE1 are well behind him, Waller could have some upside as a matchup-based streamer once we get a better sense of his role in the offense.
  • DEN Wide Receiver #17
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Jaylen Waddle returned to practice on Monday.

    Waddle missed an extended amount of time due to what was being classified as a muscle strain by head coach Sean Payton. The veteran receiver officially returned to the practice field on Monday, with Payton saying after practice that Waddle was “coming along really well.” We’ll see how things go for Waddle in the coming days, but hopefully this issue is behind him. Waddle is expected to play a big role in the Broncos’ passing game this season and profiles as a solid WR2.
  • NYG Wide Receiver #1
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Giants HC John Harbaugh said he doesn’t think Malik Nabers (knee) is “at full-speed yet” after his first day in 11-on-11 drills.

    It was a big day for Nabers, as the star receiver participated in 11-on-11s for the first time since suffering a torn ACL last season. While he may not be up to full-speed just yet, it has been a positive summer for Nabers overall. He managed to avoid the PUP list to open camp and has not suffered any setbacks since then. He’s still sporting the red non-contact jersey, but all signs continue to point to Nabers being ready for Week 1 if he continues on his current trajectory.
  • JAC Quarterback #16
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Jaguars HC Liam Coen said he is “trending toward” playing the starters in Friday’s preseason game against the Panthers.

    The Jaguars didn’t play any starters in last week’s preseason game against the Saints, but Coen said that because they couldn’t do a padded practice on Monday with the Panthers, he may consider playing his starters a bit on Friday in order to get some “good (players) on good (players)” facing one another. If the Jaguars do play their starters this week, it will be their only taste of preseason action, as Coen has already said he won’t be playing them in the third preseason game.
  • LA Wide Receiver #12
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Rams HC Sean McVay said Puka Nacua is still dealing with soreness in his groin.

    Nacua suffered a groin injury nearly a week ago and is still dealing with soreness. McVay said last week that he expects Nacua to return sometime this week, but the starting receiver was not on the field during Monday’s practice. McVay didn’t say which day he expects Nacua to be back, noting that the team prefers to “err on the side of caution” with soft-tissue injuries.
  • TB Wide Receiver #2
    Player Stats
    Link copied to clipboard!

    Buccaneers HC Todd Bowles said he’s “not sure at this time” if Emeka Egbuka (toe) will be available in Week 1.

    This comes just days after it was reported that the Buccaneers “are very optimistic” about Egbuka’s Week 1 availability. The second-year receiver has been dealing with a sprained toe that he suffered on Wednesday and hasn’t practiced since. The Buccaneers are 27 days away from their Week 1 game against the Bengals, which will hopefully give Egbuka plenty of time to heal up. Egbuka profiles as a solid WR2 for this season with Mike Evans now with the 49ers.