Link-O-Rama: Pirates didn’t have many LaRoche offers
* Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports that the Pirates’ only other offer for Adam LaRoche “involved another major-league player and an exchange of larger salaries” with a “borderline prospect” included, which explains why they opted for the Red Sox’s mediocre proposal.
* Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times penned an entertaining recap of Manny Ramirez’s wild Wednesday night at Dodger Stadium. Or as Ramirez put it: “I thought it worked out pretty good.”
* After being demoted to Triple-A yesterday, Brian Anderson has asked the White Sox to trade him. Unfortunately, as Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun Times points out there aren’t a whole lot of takers for a 27-year-old career .225/.288/.364 hitter.
* Earlier today I wrote that the Rockies should consider dealing for a veteran reliever rather than rushing 21-year-old Jhoulys Chacin to the majors for relief help. Turns out, they might be doing both.
* Alex Rodriguez loaned his car to girlfriend Kate Hudson, Hudson loaned it to her friend, and her friend crashed the car. And for some reason I’m endlessly amused by that chain of events.