Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

MLB Player News

Rotoworld

  • NYY Relief Pitcher
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    J.B. Cox returned to the mound for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday and pitched a scoreless inning.
    Cox was expected to miss at least three weeks -- which usually means at least four or five weeks when it comes to prospects -- but he returned after just 17 days off due to shoulder tendinitis. Because he made quick progress, he still has a chance to reach the majors before the All-Star break.
  • NYM Infield #12
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Francisco Lindor said Sunday that he’s “very optimistic” that he’ll be ready for Opening Day.
    Lindor had surgery Wednesday for a stress reaction in his left hamate bone. It will be interesting to see if the Mets let him go on Opening Day if he winds up receiving little or no action this spring. For what it’s worth, he’s had dreadful Grapefruit League campaigns the last two years. In 2024, that was followed by a very slow start at the plate, but he came out of the gate nicely last season.
    Carroll, Lindor, Holliday all injure hamate bones
    Eric Samulski dives into the rash of hamate bone injuries affecting MLB stars, sharing the latest news regarding Corbin Carroll, Jackson Holliday and Francisco Lindor, who all will miss time with hamate bone injuries.
  • BAL Pitcher #38
    Kyle Bradish believes he will be on some kind of innings limit in his first full year back from Tommy John.
    Bradish was very impressive after returning late last season, and he’s set for a normal spring this year. He’s been quite the popular pick in early drafts as a result, but since the Orioles will want him to have something in the tank late in the year, they’ll probably hold him back some this summer. They’ll also probably spend some time with a six-man rotation to help keep everyone fresh.
  • DET Infield #33
    Colt Keith will focus on the infield corners this spring, though he still could be an option at second if Gleyber Torres gets hurt.
    Keith should be a lock to start at either third base or DH against right-handers, but starts against lefties will likely remain few and far between, limiting his fantasy potential. Keith got just 46 plate appearances versus southpaws last season, and the Tigers will likely go with an entirely right-handed bench, creating plenty of platoon opportunites.
  • PHI Infield #28
    Phillies manager Rob Thomson indicated Saturday that Alec Bohm is the likeliest candidate to open up as his team’s cleanup hitter behind Trea Turner, Kyle Schwarber and Bryce Harper.
    Thomson didn’t say what order the top three guys would bat in, but that’s the order they finished last year in and there wouldn’t seem to be much reason to make a change. The Phillies have tended to rotate cleanup hitters based on whichever right-handed hitter has the hot hand, and that shouldn’t change. One imagines Adolis García will hit sixth initially, unless he can overtake Bohm this spring. Brandon Marsh will probably hit fifth against righties.
  • TEX Outfield
    Rangers signed OF Marcus Lee Sang to a minor league contract.
    The 25-year-old outfielder was originally an 11th round selection by the Phillies from the 2019 draft class. He spent most of the 2025 campaign at Double-A Reading where he slashed .239/.297/.397 with 13 homers, 47 RBI, 12 stolen bases and a 100/30 K/BB ratio across 425 plate appearances. He’ll add organizational outfield depth for the Rangers.
  • AZ 1st Baseman #28
    Diamondbacks’ manager Torey Lovullo told reporters on Sunday that Tyler Locklear (elbow, shoulder) it’s likely to be ready to return until late May or early June.
    It’s the first real update we have received on a timeline for the 25-year-old slugger after undergoing surgeries on his elbow and shoulder following a collision at first base in the final month of the regular season. It looks like the Diamondbacks will rely on some combination of Carlos Santana, Tim Tawa and Pavin Smith to hold down the cold corner until then.
  • SD Outfield #8
    Padres signed 1B/OF Nick Castellanos to a one-year contract.
    With the Phillies picking up the tab on his salary, the Padres are only obligated to pay him the league minimum in 2026. He’ll get an opportunity to play first base as well as spend time in the corner outfield for the Padres where he’ll add another legitimate right-handed bat to the middle of the lineup.
  • AZ Pitcher #39
    Diamondbacks placed RHP Corbin Burnes on the 60-day injured list.
    The star 31-year-old right-hander is currently recovering from Tommy John surgery and is tentatively targeting a return around the All-Star break. This was done primarily as a procedural move to free up a spot on the team’s 40-man roster to make the Zac Gallen signing official on Sunday.
  • AZ Pitcher #33
    Diamondbacks placed LHP A.J. Puk on the 60-day injured list.
    Puk continues to work his way back from last June’s Tommy John surgery. He claims that he’s ahead of schedule and wants to rejoin the Diamondbacks’ bullpen before the end of June, which would provide a significant boost to the backend of the team’s bullpen. Moving him to the 60-day IL now frees up a spot on the D’Backs’ 40-man roster for the addition of Grant Holman on Sunday.
  • AZ Pitcher #67
    Diamondbacks claimed RHP Grant Holman off of waivers from the Athletics.
    The A’s removed the 25-year-old hurler from their 40-man roster earlier in the week when they made their signing of Scott Barlow official. Holman has proven to be an outstanding reliever in the minor leagues but has yet to be able to translate that success to the game’s highest level. He makes for a solid depth addition to the Diamondbacks’ bullpen.