NBC’s Kyle Martino talks about tonight’s Kansas City-Houston match
NBC’s Kyle Martino says he sees a smarter Kansas City team, one that does not necessarily have “revenge” in mind, prepping for tonight’s match at sold-out (and possibly shivering) Sporting Park. Rather, he sees a smarter, focused bunch.
During a conversation for MLSSoccer.com, here is what else Martino had to say about tonight’s Kansas City-Houston match, with a place at MLS Cup on the line:
- He believes Sporting KC learned a lesson from last year’s unsuccessful series with Houston, and that it paid dividends when the teams met in the first leg.
- He saw a lot of cramps and tired players in the teams’ 0-0 draw to begin this two-legged set.
- He says the Dynamo needed to leave Houston with at least a goal on that one.
- Wand he wonders about Ricardo Clark, who hasn’t trained in two weeks for the Dynamo, about whether the former U.S. international can be effective – if he plays at all.
- Finally, Martino predicts a low-scoring game and then sees … well, here it is, you can watch it for yourself: