Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

MLB Player News

Rotoworld

  • LAD 2nd Baseman #6
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Cavan Biggio went 1-for-3 with a walk and a home run in a loss to the Phillies on Tuesday.
    Biggio’s 390-foot shot off of Zack Wheeler was his third on the season to go along with a .197 batting average. He’s been playing regularly against right-handed pitching since coming to the Dodgers, but he can’t be trusted in fantasy lineups right now.
  • SD Starting Pitcher #31
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Padres signed RHP Walker Buehler to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
    The Padres have been stockpiling rotation depth over the past couple of days, signing German Marquez and Griffin Canning to one-year, major league deals and now adding Buehler on a minor league pact. The 31-year-old hurler posted an underwhelming 4.93 ERA, 1.52 WHIP and a 92/61 K/BB ratio over 126 innings between the Red Sox and Phillies in 2025.
    Braves RHP Schwellenbach to begin season on IL
    Eric Samulski reacts to news that Braves pitcher Spencer Schwellenbach has been placed on the 60-day IL to have surgery on his right elbow, another blow to Atlanta's starting rotation before the 2026 season begins.
  • FA Starting Pitcher #31
    The Padres are signing Walker Buehler to a minor league deal, according to the Union-Tribune’s Kevin Acee.
    No one ever appeared very interested in betting on a rebound from Buehler after he posted a 4.93 ERA and just a 16% strikeout rate last season, but at least here he’ll get nice weather, a fine pitcher’s park and a chance to compete for a spot in a rotation with two pretty obvious holes. It’ll be worth keeping an eye on him.
  • SD Starting Pitcher #48
    Padres signed RHP Germán Márquez to a one-year, $1.75 million contract with a mutual option for 2027.
    We’re not overly optimistic about Márquez’s chances of resembling an average MLB starter at this point, but the price is certainly right. He figures to have a good chance of overtaking Randy Vásquez or JP Sears for a spot in San Diego’s rotation, especially if Griffin Canning needs some IL time at the start of the year. Márquez went 3-16 with a 6.70 ERA for the Rockies last season in his first full year back from Tommy John. His velocity was down only about one mph from where he peaked at six years ago, but his secondary pitches just weren’t what they used to be.
  • NYM Right Fielder #18
    Mets signed OF Mike Tauchman to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
    Tauchman hit .263/.356/.400 for the White Sox last year and has averaged a .359 OBP and 1.4 fWAR per year as a platoon guy the last three seasons, but no major league offers were forthcoming, it seems. He seems like a nice get for the Mets as a DH and fallback right field option against right-handers, though there might not be room for him if Carson Benge makes the team. If they do somehow carry both Benge and Tauchman, that’d be more bad news for Mark Vientos.
  • CHC Outfield #27
    Seiya Suzuki and Ian Happ, both free agents after the season, said the Cubs have yet to engage with them in contract extension talks.
    Both said they’d be open to the possibility. Suzuki is entering the final year of a five-year, $85 million pact he signed after coming over from Japan. Happ signed a surprisingly modest three-year, $61 million extension in April 2023, which was about five months before he would have been eligible for free agency for the first time. The Cubs should have interest in retaining both, but they do potentially have Kevin Alcántara ready to take over for one of the two next year.
  • LAD Pitcher #7
    Blake Snell, who was dealing with shoulder discomfort at the end of last season, has yet to try throwing off a mound as he prepares for the 2026 season.
    It’s part of Snell’s plan to throw more innings this season after being limited to 11 regular-season starts last year. He’s still aiming to be a part of the Opening Day rotation, but any bit of trouble this spring will probably put him on the IL initially. “He’s playing catch,” manager Dave Roberts said. “He’s throwing. Once he gets off the mound, throws a pen, faces some hitters, we’ll know more. But obviously he’s not there right now.”
  • SD Pitcher #76
    Padres placed RHP Jhony Brito on the 60-day injured list following elbow surgery.
    Brito underwent internal brace surgery last May and could be in line to return in June or July. He had a 4.12 ERA over 43 2/3 innings in 26 relief appearances for the Padres in 2024.
  • MIL Shortstop #2
    Brewers signed INF/OF Luis Rengifo to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
    The deal, which was agreed upon over the weekend, is now official. The versatile 28-year-old had a down season offensively in 2025, slashing a mere .238/.287/.335 with nine homers, 43 RBI and 10 stolen bases (in 17 attempts) over 541 plate appearances with the Angels. If he can bounce back though, he could be the answer that the Brewers are looking for at third base after shipping Caleb Durbin to the Red Sox.
  • BOS Infield #23
    Red Sox’ manager Alex Cora told reporters on Monday that Romy Gonzalez (shoulder) is still limited to playing catch.
    The 29-year-old has yet to be cleared to perform any other baseball activities as he battles shoulder inflammation. It sounds increasingly likely that Gonzalez will open the season on the injured list.
  • STL Infield
    Cardinals designated INF Bryan Ramos or assignment.
    Ramos was claimed off of waivers from the Orioles in early February, but he gets the boot from the Cardinals’ 40-man roster to make room for the addition of Zak Kent on Monday. Ramos has already changed teams a couple of times since the end of the 2025 season and he could once again attract interest on waivers.