Thursday And-1 links: Kobe talks playing against Fisher
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — laid out in bullet points. Because god is a bullet (have mercy on us everyone).
• Next Thursday night Derek Fisher will pull on a Thunder jersey then walk out on the court to take on the Lakers at Staples Center. Kobe Bryant admits that will be emotional.
• Here is the reaction of other Lakers to seeing Fisher in an Oklahoma City uniform.
• The Lakers are making moves that cut costs (trading Fisher to the Rockets saved them million). Why would the richest team in the league to do that? Because their bills are about to go up.
• Whatever happens the last month of the season, it will not change Deron Williams’ mind about the future.
• Dallas has one lineup that may be playing better ball than any unit in the league.
• The Suns and Jazz are trying to fight their way into the Western Conference playoffs.
• Nate McMillan cried when the Blazers fired him. Some will mock him for it, but I think it shows he cares and is invested. The league needs more coaches who care like that.
• Brian Cook says he does not want to be bought out of his contract by the Wizards. Would anyone notice either way?
• Ricky Rubio had his knee surgery on Wednesday. It was successful.
• Coca Cola has signed a deal to put Chinese language advertising in Madison Square Garden to capitalize on
• Kings sign G/F Terrence Williams to a 10-day contract.
• The Warriors are expected to ink Mickell Gladness to a 10-day contract Thursday.
• Rockets assign C Greg Smith to the D-League.