Seattle Seahawks
Seahawks receiver Jake Bobo’s 2026 season is over.
Seattle has placed Bobo on injured reserve, due to a knee injury he suffered during joint practice on Friday with the Titans. Later in the day, coach Mike Macdonald acknowledged that it was a “serious” injury.
Undrafted in 2023, the 28-year-old Bobo has spent his entire career with the Seahawks. He appeared in all 17 regular-season games in 2023 and 2024. Last year, Bobo played in 11 regular-season games and all three postseason games.
He caught a 17-yard touchdown pass in the 31-27 win over the Rams in the NFC Championship.
In March, Bobo signed a two-year, $5.5 million offer sheet with the Jaguars, as a restricted free agent. The Seahawks elected to match the offer.
Bobo was listed on the preseason depth chart as a second-string receiver.
To replace Bobo on the roster, the Seahawks re-signed receiver Julian Hicks. Hicks had been waived to make room for veteran cornerback Trevon Diggs.
Seahawks Clips
The Seahawks made a big change at running back this offseason and quarterback Sam Darnold likes how things are shaping up in the backfield.
Super Bowl MVP Kenneth Walker left for Kansas City in free agency and the Seahawks replaced him with first-round pick Jadarian Price. Price’s preseason has been hampered by a leg injury, but he was back in action this week and took part in Friday’s joint practice with the Titans.
The ability Price showed as a runner and receiver in that workout left Darnold singing his praises.
“He’s a special player,” Darnold said, via the team’s website. “He’s a really special player. He brings a different facet to the offense that only a guy like him can bring. Whether it’s catching passes out of the backfield, catching screens, running in between the tackles, outside of the tackles, he can really do it all. And I know he’s just going to continue to get better and learn.”
Veteran Zach Charbonnet is still recovering from a torn ACL and the Seahawks don’t have any other established backs on the roster, so Price figures to be playing a major role right out of the gate in Seattle. Darnold’s review makes that sound like a positive situation for the defending champs.
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels worked in New England for each of the six Super Bowls that Tom Brady won there. As McDaniels tried to win a seventh against the Seahawks in February, Brady declared that he didn’t have a “dog in the fight.”
Since then, speculation has emerged that Brady, a Raiders owner, helped Seattle in its effort to beat New England. Patriots coach Mike Vrabel recently shrugged at that possibility, given that Brady was preparing to hire Seahawks offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak.
McDaniels had a chance to chime in on Friday, during an appearance on WEEI in Boston.
Asked if he thinks Brady helped the Seahawks, McDaniels said, “I have no idea.”
McDaniels then was asked whether it would bother him, if that had happened. Said McDaniels, “I wouldn’t have a dog in that fight.”
It’s the ideal response, turning Brady’s clunky throwaway line back at him.
Regardless of how current and former Patriots players and coaches may feel about Brady’s neutrality, Patriots fans were and still are pissed off about it. With one comment, he went from being one of them to being an outsider — even though his statue is now parked outside Gillette Stadium.
It makes his anticipated return to Foxborough to call the Week 9 game between the Packers and the Patriots even more intriguing. How will he be received that day? Even if most fans cheer his return, it likely won’t be universal among fans who feel betrayed by Brady’s decision to not publicly support the Patriots — and the possibility that he privately helped the Seahawks win the game.
The fact that the issue came up during two separate Friday interviews on WEEI (one with McDaniels and one with linebacker Robert Spillane) shows that the locals haven’t forgotten. Which surely means that many of them haven’t forgiven.
Seahawks receiver Tory Horton’s promising rookie year ended with surgery to repair a fractured shin.
He’s currently absent from practice. Coach Mike Macdonald was asked about it during a Friday press conference.
“He’s still working through his stuff,” Macdonald said. “He’s going to be out for a period of time.”
Asked what was up with Horton, Macdonald smiled and said, “Sorry, I just don’t want to tell you.”
One of the basic realities of training camp and the preseason is that teams have no obligation to say anything about injuries. That obligation doesn’t attach until the days before the first game of the regular season.
Until the NFL changes the rules regarding injury information in August, no team will be required to say anything about the health status of players, until September.
When Patriots legend Tom Brady, whose statue sits outside the team’s stadium, said before the Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl “I don’t have a dog in the fight,” New England linebacker Robert Spillane said of the remark, "[P]ersonally it makes me sick.”
Appearing earlier today on WEEI in Boston, Spillane was asked if it irritated other players in the locker room, too.
“It irritated me, and it made me feel sad for him, spending 20 years here, obviously, went on to do amazing, great things, not only on the football field but in the community, and to say that he had no care in the world, it irritated me,” Spillane said. “It made me feel sad for him. But at the end of the day, that was just my personal opinion. Everyone else has their own opinions in the locker room.”
Patriots coach Mike Vrabel recently addressed Brady’s remark, taking a more pragmatic approach: Brady has moved on, he’s with the Raiders now.
And if Brady did indeed collaborate with the Seahawks before the game, Vrabel understood that, too. Brady’s team was about to hire Seattle offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak as its head coach. It was better for the Raiders if Kubiak arrived with a brand-new Super Bowl ring.
Especially since it’s been 43 years since the last time the Raiders won one of their own.
Jake Bobo’s injury looked bad when it happened during a joint practice with the Titans, and when both teams took a knee, it was an indication it was as bad as it looked.
“We said a prayer for him. Hate to see it,” Seahawks coach Mike Macdonald said, via video from Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
Macdonald said Bobo’s initial knee diagnosis is not good.
“Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo,” Macdonald said. “It looks like it’s going to be a serious knee. We’re going to get it imaged, but early returns are that it looks like it’s a long-term injury, so it’s unfortunate.”
Bobo went down after going up for a catch near the sideline and came down awkwardly. He required a cart to get to the training room.
Bobo appeared in 11 games for Seattle last year, with most of his snaps coming on special teams. But he also played in all three postseason games, catching two passes for 33 yards with a touchdown as the Seahawks won Super Bowl LX.
“He’s a beast, man,” Macdonald said. “He’s just a great football player, great Seahawk. We hopefully reflected that in our investment in him. We love him. We’ll be there beside him as he recovers and pray it’s a speedy recovery.”
The Seahawks may have a significant injury concern with one of their key contributors.
Seattle receiver Jake Bobo was carted off the field with an apparent leg injury during Friday’s joint practice with the Titans in Nashville, according to multiple reporters on the scene.
Bobo went down after going up for a catch near the sideline and landed awkwardly.
Bobo appeared in 11 games for Seattle last year, with most of his snaps coming on special teams. But he also played in all three postseason games, catching two passes for 33 yards with a touchdown as the Seahawks won Super Bowl LX.
Additionally, Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times notes offensive lineman Abe Lucas walked off the field with a trainer.
The group led by billionaire Vinod Khosla took a major step on Thursday toward officially purchasing the Seahawks.
Via Mark Maske of Front Office Sports, the NFL’s finance committee and ownership policy committee voted unanimously to approve the sale of the Seahawks for $9.612 billion.
A full vote of ownership is scheduled for Wednesday, August 26.
Khosla, a minority owner of the 49ers, already has been vetted for membership in one of the most exclusive clubs in all of sports. His wife, Neeru, will be the controlling owner of the team.
The team is being sold by the estate of Paul G. Allen. He died in 2018; his sister, Jody, has run the team pending the sale.
The full membership of the Khosla ownership group has not yet been disclosed. Khosla is required to purchase at least 30 percent without debt, and the total ownership conglomerate can have up to 25 members.
Running back Myles Gaskin announced his retirement from the NFL on Wednesday night.
“Football . . . there will never be enough words to explain how I feel about you, so I won’t even try,” Gaskin wrote on social media. “What I will do is give all the game you gave me to the next generation of young players who dare to be great. Thank you. It’s been real.”
Gaskin spent part of last season with the Seahawks and played one game. He saw action on three offensive snaps and five on special teams and totaled three carries for 6 yards.
The Dolphins selected Gaskin in the seventh round in 2019, and he played four seasons in Miami. He also played for the Rams and Vikings.
In his career, Gaskin played 47 games with 17 starts. He totaled 367 carries for 1,360 yards and seven touchdowns, adding 102 catches for 712 yards and six touchdowns.
It’s been six days since the Seahawks reached an agreement to sign cornerback Terrion Arnold. They’ve yet to sign him.
Now that the Seahawks have signed cornerback Trevon Diggs, it’s more than fair to wonder whether the Seahawks will ever be consummating the Arnold deal.
As one league source explains it — and as comments from G.M. John Schneider in the second episode of Hard Knocks made clear — the Seahawks believed when they reached an agreement with Arnold that he’d be available to participate in practices and games in the preseason. The Seahawks have since learned that he won’t be available to do anything if/when he’s signed, since he’ll immediately be placed on paid leave.
So where’s the benefit in signing him? Yes, they’d secure dibs on his rights if/when he’s cleared to play. But they could always sign him later, once the eight felony charges are resolved and Arnold can return to the league.
At this point, they’re kicking the can. It’s possible that they’re simply waiting until the preseason ends, when they’d cut a player and put Arnold on the 90-man roster until he’s sent to the Commissioner Exempt list. Even then, Arnold wouldn’t be available to play until he’s removed from paid leave, and until he serves any suspension that could be added to the time he misses with pay.
It’s unknown when the criminal case will end. His next court appearance is set for October 5, and there’s no trial date. It’s hard to imagine the case ending before the conclusion of the 2026 season, if it goes to a full-blown trial.
A plea deal is always possible. But the league would then figure out Arnold’s punishment, if any, after the plea is finalized. Is it possible he’d be available late in the season? Sure. Again, they could sign him then, without paying him until that day arrives.
Of course, Arnold could choose if/when he’s cleared to return to sign with another team. That’s the biggest risk the Seahawks would take if they don’t sign him. With the date on which the Seahawks would realize a reward for having Arnold on the team currently murky at best, they may decide to save the money they’d spend on paying Arnold to not play and wait to sign him once he’s able to practice and play.
Again, Schneider called the allegations as outlined by The Athletic “very shocking.” No amount of references from Nick Saban or former teammates will change the possibility that prosecutors will prove Arnold’s guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
If that happens, Arnold may not be available to play for the Seahawks or anyone else. Ever.